The Sport Soccer

Soccer is a thinking sport. Unlike basketball, football, baseball, and a whole bunch of other sports, it doesn’t matter how tall you are, or how muscular you are. it requires how fast you think when you have the ball and even before you have the ball. You have to know what you are going to do with the even before you get the ball.

Unlike baseball where someone throws you the ball and hope that you get the ball when you swing the bat. Unlike football where someone hands you the ball and you find small openings to try to run through without getting tackled. Unlike basketball where someone throws you the ball and after you get the ball, you don’t have pressure. you only get pressure if you dribble toward the hoop.

In soccer, you have to know if you have pressure before you get the ball. You have to know because if someone passes you the ball and you have pressure and don’t realize it, then you will have the ball taken from you. If someone passes you the ball and you know that you have pressure, then you just one-touch back to that player.

In soccer, there is no half time until the 45 minutes plus stoppage time is over. So when you pass the ball, you cant just stay there, you have to continue to move constantly!! It is not like football where you have a 5 minute break in between plays. Or baseball where you have a 5 minute in between each hit. Or like basketball where you have 10 minute quarters before break.

A main reason why soccer is the best sport to play… Is because it is the only sport that requires you to think fast to do good.

8 thoughts on “The Sport Soccer

1. I have never played soccer before. I’ve tried but I’ve never gotten into it. I’ve tried to be a goalie and a defender but nothing tends to work for me.

2. Wow! I never thought of soccer like that, I usually when I played I would just get the ball and run to the goal hoping that no one would take it from me.

3. Since I have never actually played a real game of soccer, I always thought soccer was just a whole bunch of kicking, but it’s a lot more brain then I thought.

4. whats up Sam? I absolutely adore soccer. I especially love the Peruvian soccer team. although their not the best they remind me of Peru.

5. I honestly don’t like Manchester United but I agree with how people don’t like soccer in the US. You should really start following other teams like Bayern Munich or Barcelona. Anyways your description and details are very good. How did you know all those facts?